Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Behind Closed Doors

            1, 2, 3 Breathe… 1, 2, 3 Breathe… 1, 2, 3 Breathe… Just don’t look back. But how could you not? Having that unsettling feeling that someone is watching your every move.
            
            Just one more block and everything will be alright.
            
            Okay punch in your code 0 7 1 7, open the door, close the door. Now walk up the stairs. I am at my apartment. Just find your keys. Put the key in the door. Open the door, shut the door. I’m in side why don’t I feel safe?
            
             Creak, creak, creak. What was that? Creak, creak. Someone is in here, I just know it. But how? I know I shut and locked everything, I checked twice. I’ll just get out of bed and check. Someone could have climbed up the fire escape and came in through the window. Just go back to bed your being ridiculous.
            
              Just a few more steps and everything will be alright.
            
              Okay punch in your code 7 1 7 0. I needed to change it. He was in my apartment last night he knew my code, I just know he did. Open the door, close the door. Walk up the stairs. Where did I put my key? I really need to hurry I can hear him coming up the stairs. Okay now quick put the key in the door. Open the door, slam it shut. He’s still watching me I just know it.
            
              BOOM, crash. That sounded like it was right outside my bedroom door. I’m going to just take a peak outside my room. Okay just a peak. How could the picture frame have fallen from the table? He’s in here again. Hello? I know you’re in here. Just leave I don’t know what you want from me. Just shut and lock your door he can’t get you.
            
               Just don’t stop running. Keep going as fast as you can. He won’t catch up.
            
               Okay now punch in your new old code 0 7 1 7. Open the door, shut the door. I feel like I can’t catch my breath I haven’t stopped running. Go up stairs quick! I need to find my keys, I found them. Shit I dropped my keys. Hurry, come on, hurry up! Open the door fast, slam the door shut. How can I keep living like this?

                 Just take a pill and go to sleep.
            
               Knock, knock, knock. Stop! Just please stop! Knock, knock, knock. Go away! Why can’t this just all go away? The noises, the items breaking as they mysteriously fall, and the people staring they are all watching me. Now I’m shaking, breaking out into a cold sweat. My mind is racing. Make it stop, please just make it stop. Just take more pills. More and, more pills. Okay… now everything is going to stop.
            
              Knock, knock. Come on Juliet open the door! Fine, I am just going to use my spare key then. Juliet? Juliet?!

            
              1, 2, 3 Breathe. 1, 2, 3 Breathe. 1, 2, 3 Breathe. Why is this man pushing on my chest? I don’t understand what's going on. He keeps yelling “Come on! Come on! You can make it just breathe!” Why can I see myself? What’s going on? 

              All I wanted was to make it stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment